Home remedies as laxatives
There are several ways in which a remedy is considered laxative can work. So there are different types of laxatives:
- stimulating and
- chair softening Laxative.
Take for example Fiber out Fruits, grains and vegetables Water, causing them to swell. This loosens the stool and stimulates bowel movements. Also Grain bran and Flea seeds are well-known swelling home remedies that show an effect after just a few days.
Osmotic laxatives, on the other hand, ensure that there is more water in the intestine, which makes the stool more fluid and easier to pass.
Still other laxatives work stimulating the bowel movementso that the stool moves faster through the bowel towards the exit. This type of laxative already is after a few hours effective.
It is also important to mention that Movement is an essential point for regular bowel movements: a lot of sitting (e.g. office work, student, pupil) ensures that the bowel sluggish will and metabolic functions not working correctly. Already 3x 30 minutes of exercise per week can lead to a significant increase in wellbeing. Additionally is balanced nutrition With more vegetables and fruits as carbohydrates and meat, as well as sufficient drinking amount (2-3 liters of water per day) important.
The following additional home remedies have proven themselves many times and can be preferred to drugs in a healthy body:
- Plum juice (unsweetened, untreated and ideally naturally cloudy) drink or soaked dried plums Eat (unsulphured prunes) and drink the soaking water as well
- dried, unsulphured figs eat (possibly also soaked beforehand, see above)
- nucleated (!), unsprayed grapes (at least 350g / day) eat
- 1/2 large Watermelon/ Eat per day (attention: always only on an empty stomach!)
- a mix of Sauerkraut juice, carrot juice and tomato juice
- 1-2 tbsp Chia seeds, linseed or Flea seeds Soaked in water overnight in muesli or eat straight (drink a large glass of water!)
- naturally cloudy apple juice drink
- 1 tbsp castor oil swallow (attention, works quickly!) (read more on the topic: castor oil)
- 500ml pure buttermilk drink (preferably on an empty stomach)
- Natural yogurt eat
- black coffee drink (caution: unhealthy as it irritates the intestines)
- in the morning on an empty stomach Glass of lukewarm water, possibly mixed with a little apple cider vinegar
- Lactose take (e.g. stir into muesli. Attention, not if you are lactose intolerant!)
- legumeshow to eat beans and lentils
- fresh pineapple eat
- naturally cloudy Pear juice drink
- 1L / day Yarrow tea drink
- 2 ripe pears with water and cinnamon bring to the boil and when they are cooled to lukewarm, eat immediately
- 3x / day 50 ml each "Bread drink" Drink pure or diluted with water
- 1-2 tsp Healing earth Dissolve in a glass of lukewarm water and drink in one go
- 1x / day 1-2 tablespoons natural (!) honey drink lukewarm water dissolved in a glass
Further information from this subject area:
- Home remedies for diarrhea
- Home remedies for stomach ache
- stomach pain
- Constipation pain
to overview Gastrointestinal disorders