Homeopathy for osteoarthritis
arthrosis of joints is the result of a diverse previous event. Age and wear and tear in the area of the musculoskeletal system.
Joint wear, the German expression, leaves little hope of successful treatment and pain relief. When choosing the right homeopathic remedy, very personal complaints must be present in the specific individual case Weak points and Diseases be taken into account. It is this hormonal influences just like metabolic stress due to insufficient function of the Hepatic biliary system and des Intestine. In addition, predisposition-related disorders in kidney function and a tendency to increased uric acid with gout attacks, disorders of bone metabolism. They are considered to be the pacemakers of what is ultimately known as osteoarthritis.
In the case of arthrosis of the joints on the arms and legs, the following can occur homeopathic medicines are used:
- Rhus toxicodendron (poison sumac)
- Caulophyllum (female root, blue buttercup)
- Harpagophytum procumens (devil's claw)
- Spiraca ulmaria (real Meadowsweet, Meadow queen)
Rhus toxicodendron (poison sumac)
- Joint pain with a sense of stiffness
- Neck stiffness and severe back pain
- Great unrest. Calm aggravated
- Urge to move
- Pain initially worsens through movement, but improves with continued movement ("the joints shrink")
- Triggering or aggravating are wetness, cold and traumatic events (overexertion)
- The reaction of surrounding nerves (neuralgia) is often present
- sciatica and lumbago (Lumbago, Muscular rheumatism of the lumbar region)
- Warmth improves.
Find application especially Drop D12.
Further information is also available at: Rhus toxicodendron
Caulophyllum (female root, blue buttercup)
- The arthrosis is particularly evident in the small joints of the hands and Feet
- Improvement from warmth, aggravation at night and from exposure to cold
- It is characteristic that the symptoms occurred in connection with menopause.
Typical dosage of Caulophyllum (female root, blue buttercup) in osteoarthritis: Drop D6
More information on Phytolacca (pokeweed) you get under our topic: Caulophyllum
Harpagophytum procumbens (devil's claw)
- The great joints knee and Hips are affected
- Disc disease
- ankylosing spondylitis
- The symptoms worsen with movement
- Improve calm and warmth
General dosage of Harpagophytum procumbens (Devil's claw): drop D4
Further information can be found under our topics:
- Harpagophytum procumbens (homeopathy)
- Devil's Claw (Naturopathy)
Spiraca ulmaria (real meadowsweet, meadow queen)
- Wandering joint and muscle pain with a tendency for water to accumulate in the joints
- Tearing pain in the joint
- Heavy sweating with palpitations is characteristic
- Aggravated by exercise and wetness.
With osteoarthritis Spiraca ulmaria (real meadowsweet, meadow queen) can be used in the following dosage: Tablets D6
Further information on Spiraca ulmaria is available at: Spiraca
- The arthrosis has progressed so far that it becomes increasingly rigid
- Paralysis-like conditions with deformation of the joints
- Feeling as if the tendons are getting too short, need to stretch
- Urge to move to slow the progression of the restriction of movement.
- "Can't keep my legs still"
- Sore sensation in the joints with burning pain
- Pale yellow face, great weakness, hopelessness, fearful and silent
- Frosty patients
- Exacerbation from cold (especially dry cold)
- Dry beautiful weather worsens, damp weather improves
- Aggravation also in the early hours of the morning (3 to 5 a.m.) and after getting up
Typical dosage of Causticum with osteoarthritis: Drop D6
More information on Causticum you get under our topic: Causticum
Arthrosis of the hip or knee joint
Result of strain, overexertion, injury
Violent Back pain, especially in the lumbar region, fluid accumulation in the joints, inflammation with diffuse rheumatic, radiating pain that gets worse when wet. Patients are restless and try to keep moving despite the pain. The complaints are aggravated by rest, lying on the sick side, by wetness and cold. Start-up pain that improves with continued movement. The joints gradually shrink.
Joint problems associated with disorders in the liver, biliary and digestive systems.
The focus here is on the lack of digestive power with impaired liver function. Much gas and bloated abdomen, hemispherical arched forward. General weakness, bruised pain in arms and legs. The pain often on the right side, burning sensation between the shoulder blades. Muscle cramps in calves and feet are not uncommon, feet of different temperatures. Disgruntled people always think sick to his, yellowish skin color. All complaints get worse in rest and warmth (especially warmth of bed). Improvement in the cool, fresh air and through continued exercise.
Dysfunction in the liver-biliary system with belching, bloating, alternation from diarrhea with constipation, with constipation predominating. Pain on the right side, colic-like pains in the liver region, better from hunching up. The hip pain pulls to the thigh and gets worse when you bend down and get up again. Hormonal relationships, especially during menopause
The joint pains are tearing, tense, stabbing, wandering from the hip to the knee. Stiffness and cracking in the joints. Characteristic is the disturbed late or absent menstrual bleeding. Women in the menopause after menopause, despondent, moody, mimosa-like, very sensitive to cold, but still cannot tolerate warmth. Heavy, tired and jammed legs. Blonde, fair-skinned women respond particularly well to Pulsatilla. The joint pain is relieved with cool applications, with continued movement in the cool, fresh air. The discomfort is made worse by the warmth, despite the general chill.
Affected are women during the menopause, after menopause rheumatoid pain occurs in the joints, which are usually more pronounced on the left side than on the right. Stiffness in the back and thighs, hip pain after lying on the side, stabbing knee pain. Legs often jammed and heavy. Characteristic of Lachesis is the great sensitivity to touch and pressure of clothing on the neck and waist. In the morning after waking up, patients are often discouraged and powerless with a sad mood. In the evening, however, excited and talkative, lively. Warmth makes the symptoms worse, as does damp weather. Everything worse in the morning. Improvement from continued exercise.
Relationship to bone metabolism
The focus here is on joint pain with a feeling of stiffness. The patients are noticeably sensitive to the weather, and the symptoms worsen when the weather changes, especially when the weather is cold and wet. Poor bone development in childhood, including rickets, late tooth development. General tendency to rapid mental and physical exhaustion, even in childhood. The joint problems are aggravated by wetness, cold and exertion.
Typical is the burning character of the pain, especially in the back between the shoulder blades, sharp pain in the hip joint. The patients generally suffer from a great nervous over-excitability, fear of everyday things and situations, do not want to be alone. In addition, there is rapid fatigue when exposed to continuous loads. All complaints worsen in the evening and at night. Pain increases with the effects of cold, and improves with rest and sleep.
Relationship to increased uric acid in the blood (gout)
This remedy focuses on burning, tearing pains in the joints. Creaking noises in the joints. The pain gets worse in cold weather, better with heat. The patients show general mental and physical weakness. Also osteoporosis, a tendency to paralysis. Characteristic for these people is the pronounced compassion - cannot see anyone suffer and does not want to hear anything cruel.
Violent shooting pain in the joints, as if the joints were clamped in a vice. The pain is relieved by firm counter pressure, by warm applications, by rest. Worse from exercise. In general, patients are restless, angry, and irritable.
Rheumatic pain in the joints, back stiffness as if after long periods of sitting. The patients freeze easily and a lot, but the pain in the warmth (for example in the warmth of bed) gets worse and improves with cool applications, cold showers. Movement worsens, rest improves.